Wednesday, October 3, 2012

From Sea to Shining Sea! Part 1: Hawaii

I'm back... I haven't blogged in a long time. Life has been crazy busy with a new baby and planning out huge Dressing Your Truth Be You Be Beautiful Event. But now that it's come and gone (and was amazing) I have a little more time on my hands.

And while at the event I met several women that mentioned they read my blog, which inspired me to write a little more frequently. If you are a reader of my blog, please subscribe to my blog list, that helps me know that I actually have people interested and encourages me to write more. Thanks!

So I thought I'd give a quick update starting with a recap of the Summer vacations we enjoyed as a family...

When Katie was just 6 weeks old we traveled to Hawaii. I have been to Hawaii about 25 times now! My first trip was when I was 10 years old and my parents love it so much we've been going to our little beach house ever since, usually twice a year. I love Hawaii and I am grateful that I have been able to spend so much time there.

Katie was a great traveler. She mostly stayed in her car seat wherever we went. She could have been on the moon and wouldn't have know it!

A trip to the beach is just what new, tired parents need. Tanner usually likes to be really active and find new stuff to do while over there, but this time I finally got him to just lay down on the beach and relax!

We pretty much just relaxed, ate good food and enjoyed the waves! My mom and little brother Mario came with us too.

I had visions of playing in the water with Katie in her cute little swimsuits I bought. But once I realized it would just be cold, uncomfortable water to her my visions crumbled... She hated her water experience! (Never by a newborn a swimsuit!) We'll have to go again - and I'm sure we will. We had such a great time.

First plane ride!
Mean Mommy - laughing at Katie's pain.

Not a big fan of the bright sun and cold water.

That's better!

All tuckered out.

Yum! Kahuku Grill.

Gotta love those Type 3's!

"Where am I?"

See the sea turtle in the back?

At Pounder's Beach
Huge waves - literally we got "pounded!"



What a cutie!
6 weeks old



Best seat in the plane! Slept all the way home.



4 comments:

  1. It looks like it was an amazing trip! I love your sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great trip. Welcome back ~ I missed reading your blog posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne, love, love, love you and your adorable family. Little Katie was such a trooper! My daughter lives on Waikiki she's been there for 12 years and loves it so much I don't think she'll be coming back to the cold winters of Massachusetts. Looks like you had a wonderful vacation. I really like your blog so keep up the good work,and I just want you to know how I'm so inspired by your style (I'm a type 2 too!)

    ReplyDelete