Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Countdown Begins...

38 weeks and 3 days, folks! That's right - I'm just days away from having this baby (due date May 1). I am so excited. I feel calm and confident about it all. I am excited to experience labor and birth and (a little anxious) the first moments of motherhood!


I am so blessed to have experienced such a blissful pregnancy. I have been able to stay active and healthy through it all and Baby Girl is right there with me. She has a strong heart beat and loves to kick her little legs late at night.

I am measuring pretty small (36 cm at my appointment today) but they did a quick ultrasound and everything is okay! So, she just might be a little tiny to begin.

I also broke out into a complete all over body rash last week (after a quick dip in the hot tub - oops! My muscles were sore, I had to!) and OUCH! It was terrible. I was itchy and red for 3 days, but thankfully it has cleared up and I am doing great. I don't know what it was, but it was ugly. I took some herbs for skin and nurtured it back to health!

Today my wonderful friend Jessie took some belly pictures. They are beautiful. She also took some of my nursery - which I will soon share!









I am so excited to meet little Miss Brown (still no name...). When will she come?! Oh, this is so exciting!!!

10 comments:

  1. You look beautiful Anne... wishing you the best and beautiful birth experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful . These are so simple bu so lovely. I love the calmness that you radiate. Good job taking such good care of yourself. You ate going to have a beaitifup birth experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for all those funny typos! My phone pad wouldn't let me fix/edit it. Its a code!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you! You look so beautiful! Can't wait for your little angel to come, and to know what type she is =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are all so excited to meet her too!!! you are beautiful anne. tiny little body and belly. all the picts are precious. good luck picking a fav... lol! i'll be sending you lots of angels and excited to hear your retelling of the birth. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the beautiful pictures! You look amazing! How do you know which herbs you can safely take and use during pregnancy? I'd like to use them during pregnancy, but the pregnancy books say not to because some are harmful, and the doctors never really know much about herbs to give the green light. Anyway, I'm very excited to see what you name your baby, and to see the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just found your blog through a friend of a friend and i love it! your little baby bump is adorable! (:

    xo, b.

    brielleandscott.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne, so excited for you! Sending happy birthing thoughts your way...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anne, you look beautiful. Blessings to you and Tanner and your families as you await and welcome your little bundle of love. Love to all...

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just looking at your beautiful images fills me with such joy and happiness for you and Tanner and Baby Brown - and of course, your entire family :-) And your DYT family - well we're all just beside ourselves with excitement for you all. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete