Friday, March 2, 2012

Yummy Vegan Potato Soup

Winter is the perfect time for soup! But a lot of the soups out there have a cream base and I'm not a huge fan of cow's milk, so I created this delicious Vegan version of the classic Potato Soup. 

Enjoy!


Vegan Potato Soup

1 TB Grapeseed Oil
1 medium onion
2-3 Carrots
2-3 Celery Stalks
6-8 Potatos (leave peel on)
Any other vegetables you have 
(I have used Cauliflower, Yellow Squash, Zucchini)

Chop all the veggies with your Chop Wizard
Add 2 Bay Leaves and 2 TB Bragg's Herb Mix
and Sautee for 6-8 minutes

Add 1 TB Arrowroot Powder or other thickener

then add 6 cups of Vegetable Broth

Heat to boil, let boil for 10 minutes

Simmer for 20 minutes

Add 1-2 cups of frozen or fresh corn and 
1 cup Almond Milk 
(optional, I've made it without a milk substitute and it is just as good!)

Simmer 10 more minutes.

Eat up!
(It makes great leftovers!)






2 comments:

  1. I have a potato soup that uses butter, milk, cheese, sour cream, bacon and potatoes. It is delicious but very unhealthy. I want to start eating clean so I am going to give yours a try.

    ReplyDelete