Friday, March 9, 2012

32 week & 3 days

Wow! I'm 8 months pregnant. (33 weeks on Monday.) And I'm finally starting to feel pregnant. :) Can't bend over, waking up more at night, can't fit into as many non-maternity tops anymore. (I've been in 2 maternity jeans or 3 pairs of leggings since week 20...yeah, that's getting old.)

I went to see my midwife yesterday and all is well! I'm measuring at 31 weeks and have gained very little weight! Yay! But in the next 2 months little girl will really be packing on the weight and I can feel my tummy stretching more than usual.


This pregnancy has been so wonderful! I have been able to remain active and have been very healthy. I think I'm made to be make a lot of babies. Sounds good to me!

Here's a little note to my sweet baby...

Dear Baby Girl Brown,

I love feeling you move. You are starting to creep up into my ribs, which is a good sign that you are growing! Last night I could feel you moving a lot and when I wake up in the morning I can feel you moving. I think you're a little night owl, which might become a problem... 


Sometimes you are so still and then other times you love to move. It is such a fun feeling. It feels like you are playing the drums in there sometimes and other times I can feel you stretching.

Dad and I are working hard to get your nursery ready. I finally found the fabric I want to use to finish up a few projects in there. You probably won't have a preference, but I know you'll appreciate the love and care that went into creating your special place.


I am in the nesting phase right now - getting projects done that have been sitting around for a year or so - finally! You are moving me into action! Thank you. Everything is close to being ready. I plan to have everything ready by the end of March, then we can just have fun waiting for you in April. 

Although I have stayed quite small during this pregnancy, I can feel you growing each day and my clothes are getting tighter! :)

I am reading a lot of books to prepare for your birth and our first weeks together. I get nervous about it all sometimes, but I know it will all be wonderful. It's fun for me to remember that this is all a first for you too!

In the books I am reading they encourage me to connect with you each day. When I think of you it's sometimes difficult for me to imagine what you look like and to see you as a little baby. Rather, what comes to mind when I think of you is a wise and grown spirit that is still busy at work in Heaven. I'm sure you are finishing up a few things before you begin your life on earth. So I make an effort to connect with your big spirit each day. I feel you have a very strong spirit and strong purpose in this life.  

Although I can't think specifically what you will look like I do see a beautiful and peaceful baby, with sweet lips and plump cheeks. It will be so much fun to find out what color hair and eyes you have. And I'm excited for you to find out what Dad and I look like! 

Stay cozy and warm.

Love,
Mom

6 comments:

  1. That was a bueatiful love note to your precious little soul within your Being Anne. I know she so appreciates the connection you are continually making with her. I can feel the love connection so strongly and it warms my heart and soul to the core. Thank you for sharing this experience with us.

    Sending you all much Love and Blessings,
    Colleen ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm sure you may not feel this way....but I can't believe how far along you are already! Seems like yesterday you were announcing you were pregnant! I guess time flies when your not pregnant! ha ha. Anyways you seem to be handling it really well, and you are an inspiration to me with the whole no sugar thing. Ohh also, I don't know if you've heard of it but I did hypnobabies with my little girl and it was such an amazing birth experience. Here is a link so you can check it out. http://www.hypnobabies.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ann, you are an angle! Your little girl was so right to choose you for her mother :)
    When she is born and you're spending your prescious time with each other, don't forget to let us know how you are doing :)
    Love, Cathy (from Slovenia)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brought back such sweet memories of the weekly diary I did with my firstborn. She is a lucky girl to have you are parents. You are in store for so much joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have inspired me in so many ways to go more natural with food, and now I'm interested for the first time in using a midwife to help me go natural with my next (5th) labor! Thanks! Keep the healthy ideas coming! And I always love your recipes you share. And by the way, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful... can't wait to meet the little princess.

    ReplyDelete