Sunday, January 1, 2012

Quick Health Fixes for the New Year!

It's the New Year and amongst the resolutions I am sure you have something in there about eating and living a little bit healthier. Let me suggest 3 easy ways you can increase your health starting now!

"Quick Fixes" I like to call them. But let's be honest, you have to be consistent with them to see results. But they are 3 easy steps you can add to your daily routine to experience improved health.

1. CLAY
The first product I was introduced to 5 plus years ago, but stopped using it until my Mother-in-law reminded me about it. It's called Redmond Clay and is a miracle worker! It is inexpensive and a "cure-all."


It is volcanic ash from hundreds maybe thousands of years ago found in central Utah. When taken with water as a drink it will detox and cleanse your body in a gentle way. It attracts toxins and replenishes your body with good minerals. It helps to keep you "regular" and pushes all that yucky stuff out. I also love using it as a face mask!!!

I use it at least once or twice a week as a face mask. And I have noticed great improvements in my skin - less pregnancy acne. It can also be used to relieve sores, burns and all sorts of ailments. I burnt my wrist really bad and applied some wet clay and wrapped it in Saran wrap and the healing progress overnight was amazing.

You can read about other's experiences here. And purchase it here!

2. MORE GREENS
The next "quick fix" is powdered greens. Now that it's Winter I have cut back on the green smoothies. I find my body doesn't crave/want/need as many greens during these colder months. But it's good to keep greens as part of your daily regimine and using powdered greens keeps it quick and easy.

I use Ormus Greens. My dad likes Athletic Greens. They are both great. Ormus has a minty flavor and Athletic has a berry flavor to it.


I usually just mix a teaspoon or so with water and ice and chug. You can also add it to a protein smoothie for a fresh treat. Somedays when I'm feeling sluggish I'll have a quick sip of my powdered greens and I perk right up. I especially noticed a difference in the earlier weeks of my pregnancy.

If you are struggling to make your diet highly concentrated in whole raw vegetables then powdered greens is a great way to get started!! Click on the links above to purchase either one.

3. LIVER CLEANSE
The third is an easy Liver Cleanse I have started doing each morning.

A clean Liver is vital for optimum health. Our Liver cleanses the toxins that enter our bodies. These toxins come from the air we breathe, the food we eat, the products we use on our skin and hair, and the list goes on. If it's overloaded with too many toxins the Liver can't do it's job of clearing out the toxins and these toxins remain in our body causing disease - joint pain, excess weight, headaches, moodiness, even dark circles under your eyes, etc., etc. A simple Liver cleanse will get the toxins moving through your Liver and out of your body and get rid of disease.

The Liver Cleanse: 
1 tablespoon juice from an organic Lemon
1 drop Peppermint Oil (If you're pregnant omit the peppermint.)
1 drop Lemon Oil
Each morning before eating or drinking anything drink this solution. Do it everyday for a month... or the rest of your life. (Put it in a glass or ceramic cup, not plastic.)

You want to get the high-grade oil from an oil distributor not what is sold in the health food store. I prefer Forever Green, DoTerra is good too. Try this one.

So how does it work?

Lemon: Encourages bile secretion, Aids liver function, Boosts metabolism, Reduces toxin buildup in fat  cells, Supports bile flow.

Peppermint: Clears liver from drugs.  helps gastritis, flatulence, nausea, vomiting, common cold, bronchitis, sinusitis, fever, & morning sickness

Together Lemon and Peppermint they are the perfect combination to restore your Liver after a month of over eating and lots of sugar. Check out this resource for more information on how to cleanse your Liver.

Hope these quick tips help! Let me know what you add to your daily health regimen. I love learning about new products.

5 comments:

  1. YES - love it, Anne! I agree a million percent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the lemon have to be organic? Also, should I omit the peppermint oil if I am nursing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sara, the program I follow recommends Organic Lemons, probably since conventional Lemons carry toxins and it's best to do cleanses with the purest of products.
    Peppermint oil could dry up milk, so it'd probably be best to avoid it. Or maybe apply it topically where your liver is diluted with coconut milk.
    Let me know if you have more questions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you sale the Forever Green products, or can you recommend someone that does?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, my brother does. Go to everydayhealthy.com.

      Let me know if you need anything else!

      Delete