Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pregnant and Active

Here's another quick update on the pregnancy...

I've been blessed with a very healthy and enjoyable pregnancy! I'm 23 weeks now. I experienced "food aversion" in the earlier months (and again a little bit recently, just needed more food in my belly). Had a few occasions of morning sickness and I've been a little more tired than usual, but overall I've been able to stay quite active!

I started running a little bit right before I found out I was pregnant and participated in a Halloween 5K when I was 13 weeks along.  It was so much fun because we all dressed up!


The Tooth Fairy!

 I also did a Triathlon (Turkey Tri) on Thanksgiving morning. Being in the water swimming was amazing! (I've started swimming once a week and it's heavenly.) I also cycled and ran in the tri.



I've also been snowboarding a few times! (Don't freak out. I am taking it easy and I'm experienced.)



I'm so grateful that Baby Girl likes moving with mommy! I actually think she prefers the high movement and activity. I look forward to swimming more and hopefully doing another Tri or race in the coming months.

Stretching had also been a huge part of my exercise. I can feel my hips moving and muscles loosening. So stretching and strengthening those areas relieves the pain! And I hope will assist in the birth!

The exercise program T-Tapp has even wonderful too! Some of you may already e fans, of not check it out! It's low impact, quick and easy, but gets you in all the muscles you didn't know you had, improves posture an flexibility. Awesome!!

What sorts of activities have you mommies enjoyed during pregnancy?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're enjoying your pregnancy Annie. So proud of you for staying so active, that's great!

    I love how in tune you are already of your little girl. I think living your truth helps you to be that way because you pick up on things others wouldn't even think to consider. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really into step aerobics before I got pregnant and then I did it for a while at first. Now that I'm in my third trimester I prefer to just stretch and do slower movements like hip circles and stuff.

    ReplyDelete