Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Yummy Vegetarian Dinner

We enjoyed a delicious Vegetarian dinner tonight.  The best part was that it was soooo easy. It took about 15 minutes total and I only used about 6 dishes. (Dish quantity is a huge factor for me when choosing what to make!)

So I thought I'd share -

Creamed Avocado and Lime Pasta with Quinoa (keen-wha) (gluten free) pasta. I've tried other GF pastas and Quinoa is the best! Most regular pastas are made with refined white flour, so going for another option is much healthier. Tanner even likes the quinoa pasta, it has a similar texture and taste. Your local grocery store should have it. (I know Macey's does.)

Took 5 seconds to whip up.

The avocado cream tastes very similar to Cafe Rio's house dressing. You wouldn't think to put it on pasta, but it is quite tasty and the side dish helps balance the flavor. I used Veganaise instead of Mayonaise. Veganaise is a wonderful vegan alternative to mayo. Follow Your Heart brand is my favorite. It's lower in fat and healthier for you because there are no animal products.

Then as a side dish we had baked Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese on top. Yummy! To make it lay parchment or wax paper on a cookie sheet and then after washing the Asparagus lay them in a row. They coat with oil. I use Grape Seed Oil whenever I am cooking with heat. Olive Oil doesn't have a high heat tolerance, so Grape Seed Oil is a better option. Most health food stores carry this.

And there's what's left of it!

I used to brush the oil on, but not anymore! I use my super cool Misto. You put in any oil you like and then pump and spray. It made the job a whole lot easier! Then top the Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese and cook at 425F for about 10 minutes.

Absolutely delish!

Last night I made these yummy GF Blueberry Muffins. So, I'll pass those along too.

Make it and let me know what you think. Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Ok, can I come to dinner at your house? This looks yummy! You make eating vegetarian sound very appealing (which I never thought I'd say!) I will have to try some of your healthy suggestions. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't look at these in great depth at the moment, but I'll be tuning in later for a closer look! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The creamed avocado and lime pasta sounds yummy and easy, can you share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted the link in the post but here it is again: http://norikoburky.com/?p=91

    ReplyDelete