Monday, November 7, 2011

On the table this week. 11/7-11/13

I just got off the phone with a friend who was asking me about my diet and she asked me what I make for dinner. This is usually a hard question for me to answer - I get a brain fart and can't think of what we eat. We do eat. I just can't think anything on the menu when I get asked, so I thought I'd start posting my menus here to share with you!

I usually plan the week's meals on Sunday and go shopping on Monday. I try to stay within a $50-$60 weekly grocery budget. Planning ahead has really helped me stay within a budget and enjoy yummy meals. There's nothing worse than the clock nearing 6PM with no idea what to eat!

I also try to be realistic about how many days we will be home eating. Usually we eat out twice a week. And I go easy on myself if the plan changes. But most weeks I make all meals or at least 4 out of the 5.

This is what I create on Sundays (and I include the shopping list underneath the grid):


And here it the above menu (readable) with live links:

(I don't write in Breakfast, unless it's something special. I usually have Instant Oatmeal with these Blueberries, Almond Milk and Granola. If I'm in a hurry I'll have a rice cracker with PB and Honey.)


Monday: Lunch - Salad Bar at Whole Foods; Dinner - EAT OUT: Veggie Salad at Costa Vida


Tuesday: Lunch - EAT OUT with Company at Spencer's; Dinner - Meatless Stroganoff from the book E2 Diet


Wednesday: Lunch - PBJ and Salad; Dinner - These "Enchiladas" with refried beans, peppers, mushrooms and corn tortillas, and these Muffins


Thursday: Lunch - Leftovers; Dinner - Puffy Pancakes, with pure Maple Syrup, Organic Cage Free Eggs, Berries and Oranges (We like breakfast for dinner!)


Friday: Lunch - Tuna Salad and Salsa and Chips; Dinner - Sweet Vegetarian Chili and Sweet Potato Fries


Saturday: Lunch - I don't plan Saturday lunches; Dinner - EAT OUT


Sunday: Lunch - I don't plan Sunday lunches either; Dinner - Eat at the Brown's


Some extra treats I want and maybe will try: Pumpkin Bars, GF Cookies


So there you have it! Let me know what you think and share your recipes!!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Yes, I have been thinking about your menu plan all week! Changes for me are coming one at a time! I have eaten healthier this week than I have in a long time! Thank you for your inspiration, Anne!!!! (Jolene)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the inspiration. I went to Costa Vita for a veggie salad, and loved it! Cannot wait to go back!!! That was the first time I've ever ordered a vegetarian dish and now I will do it so much more often, I really love it!

    ReplyDelete