Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Bread (Gluten and Sugar Free)

I got together with my friends today and made some healthy treats to take to the get-together. They loved the Chocolate Zucchini Bread I made and wanted the recipe. Sometimes I hesitate to post my recipes and makings on my blog because I don't want to go to the trouble to type it all up and take fancy pictures of the end product. I guess I could just take a picture of it on my iPhone and call it good. Food is food, right?! That's what I always say when I mess something up while serving it.

Me and my beautiful friends and their sweet babies!

I love fancy food photos - they make the food look so tempting! But I always forget to take the pictures, if I was planning to. Plus the lighting in my kitchen isn't good for photos, and I don't want to clean everything up in order to take the picture - I just want to sink my teeth into what I just made. :)

So.... I'm just going to share the link.

You'll love this recipe. It is like chocolate cake... but better!

So without further ado...here is the recipe (with pictures and all!)

(Well, after I posted this I thought I'd take a picture (my style) of what was left!)


http://www.thespunkycoconut.com/2011/02/chocolate-spice-zucchini-bread-go-ahead.html

I made 5 changes.

1. I used Sucanat (bought at Costco) instead of Coconut Sugar.
2. I used plain liquid Stevia, not Vanilla. (You can find Stevia in the healthy section of the baking isle of most grocery stores.)
3. I used a Gluten Free flour blend instead of Coconut Flour. You could use regular Wheat Flour or any kind of flour and I think it would turn out fine.
4. I added Pecans! (About 1/3 cup)
5. I also added a chocolate icing made with melted chocolate chips and a little Almond Milk. Yum!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh that sounds yummy! How awesome that they sell sucanat at Costco now! Splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to your site to see if there were any updates about the baby (so happy for you!) and now I can't wait to try the chocolate zucchini cake. And thanks for posting the spunky coconut website. Finally, a place to go for the kinds of desserts I can eat!!!

    ReplyDelete