Thursday, September 29, 2011

BIG news at the Brown's!

Well, I'll just get right to it...


That's right folks, (if you did your math correctly) we're having a baby! Baby Brown #1. And we're so excited. It happened a lot faster than expected so I was a little shocked and naturally anxious, but now that the news has settled we are so thrilled and so grateful!

I am almost 10 weeks and due on May 1st. The perfect time to have a baby - I guess...

So I found out August 20th - the night I got home from our HUGE Dressing Your Truth Annual Event. I was suspicious I might be pregnant (for the obvious reason) plus I was breaking out and had an unusual amount of un-welcomed zits. And 2 weeks prior I opened a fortune cookie from Pei Wei and found a fortune that read, "Your dearest wish will come true within the month." I knew.

And of course,  I saved it.

Right after we found out we went on a family vacation to Hawaii and I kept my lips shut. Seriously, the last 5 weeks have been so long. I have had to check myself from blurting it out or saying anything too obvious that would give it away. Some people figured it out though. 

We told Sarah and Chris first - they guessed it. And when I told my friend Veronica, she said, "I knew when you bought Junior Mints, something was up." Haha.

We went to see my midwife at 8 weeks (I thought I was actually a week further when we went in) to check the heartbeat. She couldn't hear it right away so she got the ultrasound machine out and we got to see the little peanut and the heart beating! It was soooo cool. I have seen ultrasound pictures before and they are just fuzzy black and white pics that don't really mean a lot, but man, when it's your own - it is the coolest thing ever!



We then waited until my birthday weekend to tell family.

In my Type 2, want-to-be-prepared-and-plan-ahead-ness, I thought long and hard about how I wanted to tell everyone. I had so much fun doing so!

Here's how I told...

My sister, Jenny: She lives in West Virginia, so I sent her an unannounced piece of mail with the 1+2=3 picture and a copy of the ultrasound. She had no idea and called me screaming and shouting! She said, I am laying down. She was sooooo excited. It was so much fun!!!

The Brown Family: We did a little early birthday celebration on Saturday and Tanner gave me a BYU onsie. When I opened it they knew immediately what it meant - well, except for my mother-in-law who thought it was BYU socks for a while. But she figured it out. They were thrilled. (Listen for when McKinley gasps and says, "You guys..." She figured it out first.) I think Tanner was a little excited and forgot to turn the camera to them, but you can see them at the end!





The Tuttle Family: We celebrated my birthday on Sunday and before I started opening my gifts I gave a small gift to my parents. A family picture we had taken in Hawaii that I got framed for them, as well as some individual pictures of each couple, in which I snuck the ultrasound and the 1+2=3 picture. When my mom got to the ultrasound she didn't put it together until she saw the 1+2=3 picture behind it. You can see the shock in both my parent's faces in the video.




Friends: I mailed out the 1+2=3 photo to a few friends. I love to think of the look on their face when they open it.

Work: We had a work party the other night and I said I had a quick work announcement, "As the head of Events and Products, they needed to mark May 1st on their calendar for a very important package that will be arriving." They looked at me funny for a second and then I said, "In other words...I'm pregnant!"

So fun!

For the most part I have been feeling really good. I have had a few occasions of morning sickness. The worst has been food aversion and feeling sick because I'm not eating enough. I had a little bit of a cold for a few days as well. But overall, I feel blessed to feel so good.

I am so excited to share the news with all of you!!! Thanks for your love and support.


24 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love makes the world go 'round and ours is still spinning with happiness at this announcement!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! So happy for you and your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such great news! I am so excited for you thanks for sharing the videos that was really fun to be apart of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, that's such a cute way to share the news! Happy for all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how much this touched your mom! And congratulations again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew it! Or at least I was pretty sure it wouldn't be long! hahaha. Congrats Anne! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!!!!!! I am soo excited for you! Congrats to you and the whole family!!!! You guys will make great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and reading this post made me teary...I'm a T2 what do you expect?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I love birth and babies and wish I could have you in one of my classes (I teach childbirth classes). I hope you have a beautiful pregnancy and birth experience!

    Erin T2

    ReplyDelete
  11. ANNE!!!!!!! I KNEW IT! When I saw you at the Center on my b-day, I saw it in your energy. I'm super super excited for you and Tanner! You'll be the best mommy and daddy ever! What a lucky little tike!

    PS -- I love your family's reaction to your news. Your mom got teary-eyed. So sweet. Congratulations again, Brown family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay ANNE!!!! I'm so excited for you! What cute ways to tell everybody! Being a mom is so fun and rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anne I'm so super happy for you. It's pretty obvious, from my 6, that I am way in support of having babies! Funny is that I only know because I started a pintrist thing and looked at yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love when people tape announcing the news to their families- what a SWEET keepsake it is for everyone. And someday your baby will feel so loved to see how happy everyone was that they were coming into the world!

    Congrats. It will be the BEST thing ever:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so weird Anne, I just had a feeling you were pregnant before you told us (and I live on the other side of the world, in Australia?!) CONGRATULATIONS honey!!! What a lucky little darling to have you as a Mum! So happy for you and your husband (and all your family) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Ann!!! And Tanner!!! I am so happy for you both! You are going to be such great parents! You're making this world a better place! Now you'll have another member to join in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Anne & Tanner! And welcome to Baby Brown, you're such a lucky baby! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! It was almost unbearable waiting for Carol to get to the picture! LOL Congratulations Anne and family! Try eating beans for the morning sickness. A little at every meal or more often as needed. It really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! We are expecting our first grand peanut at the same time! You will be a beautiful moma-to-be and a wonderful moma-forever once baby arrives :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. congratulations Anne ! I am so happy for you ! I know you will be a super 2 mom !

    ReplyDelete
  21. woohoo! congratulations! hey, if you want any info on natural birth i can help out with that. i have had 3 totally natural and it has been awesome. i would imagine you are planning on doing it natural just from what you know about birth issues.:) my family thinks i'm crazy to want to have my kids without an epidural, but i am so happy i have. good luck with everything. you will be amazing. helen kepo'o

    ReplyDelete