Wednesday, June 15, 2011

LOTD (lunch of the day)

Recently I have been posting my OOTD (Outfit of the Day) on the Dressing Your Truth Forum...so today I thought I would post my lunch of the day!

I have really been making an effort to bring lunch from home to work so I don't have to go out... or go hungry. I did a big salad everyday for about 1 month straight then got sick of it. I found today's recipe in Everyday Food Magazine by Martha Stewart and it is so good, I have to share!

White Bean Tuna Salad! Get the recipe here.


All the greens are from my garden!!! Spinach, a few lettuce greens, and cilantro! Picked fresh this morning!

I made a few modifications to the recipe:

I halfed it...enough for 2 people.
I used Grape Seed Oil rather than Olive Oil and Garlic Salt rather than Garlic Cloves.
I didn't add Olives.
I put in Cilantro rather than Parsley and I like the zip it adds.
And instead of eating it with bread I am dipping my tortilla chips in it!

Yum! It was super quick to make. I made it last night and left it in the fridge overnight to let the juices combine (or so I could get more sleep...). I like that it is fresh and a good combo of proteins and greens! 

Well, I am going to finish it now...try it and let me know what you think!

P.S. I thought I might as well throw in my OOTD picture too!








1 comment:

  1. Lunch of the day, outfit of the day...both great ideas! Maybe I'll try that out some time on my blog or on the forum...

    ReplyDelete