Saturday, June 18, 2011

Homemade Yogurt

I love to make the things I usually buy at the grocery store at home!

One of my favorites is Homemade Yogurt.

Yogurt is really good for you! It provides probiotics which help build a healthy immune system and has lots of enzymes that aid with digestion.

It is very easy to make. Basically, you pour milk in a jar add some pre-made yogurt and let it sit in the oven for a few hours and tada!





For all the details go here.

Homemade yogurt is a great healthy alternative to sour cream and is great to add to smoothies. Here at the Brown's our most favorite use of the yogurt is a Blueberry Yogurt Smoothie!

And it's easy.... just blend 2-3 Cups Homemade Yogurt, 1-2 Cups Frozen Blueberries and 1 packet of Truvia and voila!



Enjoy!

Tanner sure did!

3 comments:

  1. you bulgarka, you! Making homemade kiselo mlqko. I can't even make fun of you, because even then I thought it was such a cool way to live. Obachi vse oshte ne mi haresva tarator. :) Ok memory time!! Remember when we taught that lesson and Petrova talked for like 20 minutes straight?! And you were talking to her after and I compared being a missionary to kiselo mlqko? How I had to learn to like the plain stuff, and she would have to learn to ask questions while teaching? hahaha, I was such a dork. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I remember?! I don't think I will ever forget!!!! Hilarious! Oh man, I don't know what overcame me! Thanks for helping calm things down with that awesome metaphor - I often ponder on it's deepness and meaning! JK :) Ok, another memory...remember when my feet would sweat and you liked to take pictures?! Haha! I am making very conscious shoe choices for our Europe trip to make sure my feet don't get hot this time! :)
    When do you go to Korea??? Or have you taken up your horse back riding hobby and put that off for a while?!

    ReplyDelete