Sunday, April 3, 2011

What really matters.

General Conference weekend is one that I always look forward to! It is an opportunity to hear from the leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints - the Lord's Prophet and Apostles. Each message has a unique theme, but overall I am reminded about what matters most in life.

And it's not food, or clothes, or money, but ultimately what I believe matters most is being kind.

That is everything that I want to be. KIND. A kind wife, sister, daughter, friend, co-worker. To me kindness means qualities of gentility, understanding, patience, love, non-judgmental, and caring.

All I ever want to be is a kind person. Someone who reaches out with love to those in need close and near. Jesus Christ's life was the perfect example of a kindness. He took time with those that were in need and sought comfort. He had patience and understanding. I am grateful for my Savior and His perfect example and His eternal kindness and love towards me.

I am grateful for the reminder this weekend and hope that kindness continually emanates from my thoughts, words, and actions.



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post Anne! I love General Conference as well! You have always emulated the wonderful qualities of kindness and a nonjudgmental attitude each time I've met you! PS: I would love to see some menus or ideas on what whole food eating looks like. I have a spinach smoothie each day but other than that I struggle to know how to eat w/an overwhelming amt of info out there. You are a real and healthy person so how do you do it? Does your husband eat what you eat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jolene.

    In answer to your question, I have had a plan to post a whole month's worth of what I eat and do to stay healthy. I too have been curious what the leaders in health (ie Green Smoothie Girl) eat on an everyday basis so I thought I would share what I do. I hope to start this once we get in our house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so is it okay that I stalk your blog now that we play volleyball together? I love all that you have to say...especially this post. I barely know you and I can say that you ARE accomplishing your greatest goal.

    ReplyDelete