Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Birthday, Tanner!

Tanner turned 29 on March 9th! Happy Birthday, Honey!


Last year when I asked Tanner what he wanted for his birthday he said, "Nothing, just you." So what did we do? Nothing. Just dinner and me....and it was lame!

Even though that is what he asked for it was a pretty crappy birthday. We both knew it and I knew I had to make up for it this year. So I started gathering notes. Which, true to my Type 2 nature, I am quite good at. My SIL actually has commented on how that is one of her favorite things about me - that I am a good gift-giver because I pay attention to the details along the way and pick up on what would be the perfect gift.

I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to top what I gave him for Christmas, but the ideas came and it was great - if I don't say so myself!

As I was gathering ideas about 2 months in advance (I was really determined to make it better and started planning early) for gifts I started to notice a theme of "Tanner's Favorites" and went with it.

So the Monday of his birthday week we went to Pei Wei for dinner - his favorite restaurant. We would have gone to Red Mango, but unfortunately hit that crazy storm and got stuck on the hill about 5 houses from our "place of residence" for about an hour! (We still don't have our own home right now.)

Tuesday in our work meeting we played Do You Really Know Tanner? and then everyone told Tanner what they love about him. Some that stood out to me were: friendly, driven, funny, easy-going. (He's such a great guy and it was fun to hear what everyone said!) I then served Dryer's Fruit Bars for everyone - another one of his favorites.


Since we left for Las Vegas on Wednesday (his official b-day) we did gifts on Tuesday night! Here's the good part! His gifts included:

Taco Bell Mild Sauce 
He likes Del Taco food better, but Taco Bell sauce better - problem solved.
favorite singer
Favorite funny guy (unfortunately, it is not as good as his other 2 CD/DVDs)
A new pair of shoes
He really needed some new ones! It was funny because we saw them together at the store a few months back and he said "No, I don't see any I like." But I really liked them and figured if I bought them he would have to give them a chance and he loves them! He just didn't want to buy them I guess.
The Ultimate Sports Package
Included: tickets for Blaze Football game, Real Salt Lake tickets, and golf passes (of course, favorites!)
and here's the biggie....
Homemade Lasagna Sauce
A year ago I made and canned a few bottles of a really yummy lasagna sauce! Tanner loves, loves, loves my lasagna with this sauce, so I knew it would be a hit. It was quite the production - a lot of love went into the sauce. He was thrilled!

For dessert we had Homemade Thin Mints (recipe to come soon) and his favorite Hagen-Daaz Swiss Almond Vanilla ice cream!


We went to Vegas for the weekend for the Mountain West Conference Basketball Tournament. (More on that to come.)

It was a fabulous brithday! I am so happy I could throw such a great celebration because Tanner brings me soooo much happiness and he always deserve the BEST!

Love you sweetie!


3 comments:

  1. WOW! You are such a wonderful wife! My sweetie's bday is next week...i donno if i can come up with something so gr8t but i will try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea I had so much in common with Tanner,... OK.,.. not that much,.. but I didn't realize we were the same age. :) Dan's bday (my hubby) is in April. and mine in August. we're both 29 this year too. cool. and Ditto! on liking del taco and taco bell mild sauce combo. I agree it's better in both cases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne you look absolutely amazing in that dress!! And my sisters and I have all commented on what a great guy Tanner is. He has always made us feel so welcome at any DYT function we've gone to (especially for the filming last year. He really put us at ease). You two are a great couple! Happy Birthday, Tanner!!!

    ReplyDelete