Monday, December 6, 2010

What Type is Harry Potter?

If you are a Harry Potter fan or an Energy Profiling fan, you should find this post very interesting!

I am a Harry Potter fan! I love Harry Potter! I feel bad for those that don't - they are seriously missing out. But then again, I don't expect nor do I want everyone to share my same passion.  But many, many, many people do.



I'm not a member of the National Harry Potter Fan Club, I don't spend time on MuggleNet.com, and I don't know all the rules to Quidditch, but I love Harry Potter!  I find it fascinating and simply amazing what one woman's imagination has done to the world. Harry Potter and his life are like real to me. His adventures are a part of my childhood (and let's be honest, adulthood). I got so excited at the last movie - I felt like I was seeing old friends again!

I remember way back when there was a big dispute over whether school children in Georgia or somewhere should be allowed to read these wizarding tales. Then it eventually reached Utah and my brothers and I got hooked. My littlest brother, Mark, and I have been the most devout in our family. We have read all the books, seen all the movies, and always enjoyed talking about them together. Mark even bares a scar on his back because of Harry Potter...let me explain, it's actually quite funny...now.

It was Mark's night to do the dishes, he wanted help, but I refused. He said if I didn't help he would tell me who died in Harry Potter #5 which I hadn't finished reading yet. Well, I said I wouldn't help and he better not dare say anything. But he did!! Can you believe it?! He told me who died and ruined it for me!!! Well, I had a fork in hand and chucked it at his back (would have been his face, had he been looking at me). That's how devout I am. Now he has a scar from the fork prongs! We laugh now - didn't then. But what better way to remember Harry Potter than with a scar?!

Since I am an Energy Profile fan as well, I thought it would be fun to Type the characters as well as the actors. I thought they did an excellent job casting the characters! Most were the same Type as the character; and if not it was their secondary.


Look closely...

Harry Potter - Type 4 - loyal, devote, the best at everything, unique
Daniel Radcliffe - Type 4/3

Hermoine Granger - Type 4/2 - studious, structured, smart, plays by the rules
Emma Watson - Type 4/1 (dressed her in Type 2)

Ron Weasley - Type 1 - funny, random, great best friend
Rupert Grint - Type 4/1 (this was surprising to me, because he plays a T1 so well, but looking at his pics he is a T4) (dressed him in Type 3)

**The 3 main characters are all Type 4's, no wonder they were able to stay so committed to filming for 7 years!**

Dumbledore - Type 2/3 - consistent, methodical, good-hearted, determined
1st Dumbledore (Richard Harris) - Type 2/3
2nd Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) - Type 3

Voldemort/Tom Riddle - Type 4 - wants to be the best, cynical (this can happen when T4's don't manage their critical eye), thinks there should only be one kind of wizard - black and white
Ralph Fiennes - Type 4

Hagrid - Type 1/2 - loves animals, loves kids, gentle and caring
Robbie Coltrane - Type 1

Snape - Type 4 - loner, keeps promises
Alan Rickman - Type 4

Draco Malfoy - Type 4 - thinks he's better than everyone
Tom Felton - Type 4

Neville Longbottom - Type 2 - timid, trusting
Matthew Lewis - Type 2/4 or 4/2

Ginnie Weasley - not sure - Type 2 or 4
Bonnie Wright - Type 4

Professor Umbridge - Type 1 - a depressed Type 1 that wants control and power - ooh, I don't like her!
Imelda Stauton - Type 1

Sirius Black - Type 3 or Type 4
Gary Oldman - Type 4/1

Bellatrix Lestrange - Type 4 - just plain evil
Helena Bonham Carter - Type 4

And there are way too many to go on. But I covered the most important. I hope you enjoyed that list!

Most were exactly how I imagined, except for Voldermort. I wanted his cheeks to be sunken deep, and his look to be more life-like and dangerous. I think he looks like a wanna-be snake, not as scary as I was hoping. This is closer to how I imagined him:

This is a picture of the actor who plays Mr. Filch.
Kind of ironic - they should have casted him as Voldemort, very scary.

Oh and of course, I must type the creator of all this magic - JK Rowling. She has been a little tricky for me, I thought she was a Type 3 for a long time, but looking closer I think she is a Type 2 with a secondary 3. Let's here it for 2/3's! Woohoo.


This was said of her success: "According to Forbes, Jo is the first person to become a billionaire by writing books and is the second richest female entertainer (behind Oprah) in the world." Read the entire article here.

Are you a Harry Potter fan? Do you agree with what my Typing? If you aren't a Harry Potter fan, what is your favorite book series?

If you don't know your Type go here or here.

20 comments:

  1. I thought J.K. Rowling might have had some Type 1 because of the cheesy humor in the books but perhaps it was cheesy because she's not a dominate Type 1. :)

    I was hoping for some Type 4 in her because I LOVE Harry Potter (and I'm attempting to write a book myself) and I'm a Type 4, but it makes sense that she is a Type 2. I think she spent 7 years detailing the story in her head before writing it.

    Interesting that most of the main characters are Type 4, but I guess they would have to be.

    Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the rest of the Weasley family? I would say they are major characters too. Especially the twins, what type are they?
    Oh and about the fork scar it didn't hurt, but still pretty funny. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I'm so happy I'm the same as Emma Watson! Love her! This was very fun to read. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that? And I like your picture in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good question, Mark. The reason I didn't do Fred and George, was because they were hard for me to Type. But looking at them closer I think James Phelps (Fred) is a Type 1 and Oliver Phelps (George) is a Type 3, which would probably be true to their book character as well.
    Molly Weasley/Julie Walters - both Type 1.
    Aurthur Weasley/Mark Williams - both Type 2/1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I know James is a type 1 and Oliver a type 3 I can tell them apart in the movies! (and rather easily too!) :-)

      Delete
  6. Hey Anne, will you go onto the facial profiling thread on myenergyprofile.com and tell me what you think of me and my husband. We are pretty sure we are type 2s but everyone seems to think we are everything else. Its kind of frustrating!

    And I think this is way cool that you are typing the characters of Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Trish,
    I am glad you are enjoying my blog so much! I took a look at your pictures and I would suggest you are a 3/1 and your husband is a 1/4...so, um, not 2's. Have you read the book and/or watched the course? Go through it again with that feedback and see what you think. Hope that helps steer you in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Anne! Wow, everyone else says I'm a three too- and a one! I have read both the books. Hmm....I guess I'll go through the energy profile thing again and try to figure it out. We just love "comfort", so that is kind of a shocker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmmm, I am really thinking about going and busting open the books, Tony has all of them sitting in our room...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would never have thought that Rupert Grint was a T4...I always have thought that he looked like my brother, who is a T2, mostly because of those big puppy dog eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi anne,

    i have been delighted to find your mother's work and your videos and have been watching them nonstop for a week!! i have done the research from the dressing your truth blog, and at first thought i was a 2 or 4, then possibly a 3. people around me say i am water and fire, but i must say, when i dress in 2 styles and very feminine, i LOVE it! my hair is now long and wavy and i LOVE it!! my house is pink and i LOVE it! i think i am a 2 and was forced into 3 in my harsh family and life situations...would you say that my face is a 2?
    thanks and can't wait to keep reading all your posts and your videos! LOVE your work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Pink unicorn...I'm so glad you are loving our work! Have you had a chance to read the book or watch the Beauty Profiling course? We have some very helpful resources in your Member's Area online for face profiling.
    The picture I see with your profile is a bit small for me to see...
    Thanks for reading! Glad you find it interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ~ I love Harry Potter. I was so excited for all the movies to come out. I have them all on DVD and watch them frequently. They are like my movie-comfort-food. While I am not a DYT expert, I totally agree with your typing. Great job.

    ~ And that fork story is hilarious. I would have been so angry with him for spoiling it. But it is good that you can laugh about it now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know if you read comments from posts this old, but could you tell us what Luna Lovegood is? I am a 2/1, and everybody I meet tells me I am the real-life version of her, and I could always relate to her really well when I read the books, so now I always wonder if we are the same type!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think Ginnie in the book is actually a 3. She has a very fiery personality (which they totally ruined in the movie).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Anne! I think I'm a 4, and I have been told I resemble HBC before. However, I look equally like Robbie Coltrane, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  17. (Dear Anne, I think the picture of David Bradley is not the actor but someone else :-/ )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic HP typing! :) Anne, I'd love to know what Type you think Evanna Lynch and Luna Lovegood are? I'm thinking a 2/1 for both like the above poster mentioned. Would love your thoughts, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Anne, wonderful typing of the Harry Potter cast. Thank you.
    I believe Sirius was meant to be a type 3 character, very determined, not playing by the rules, push forward, unstructured slightly dangerous but kindhearted person to have a goth father. What do you think?
    Alan Rickman was not a type 4 but for sure a type 2 with a secondary type 4. He has the same soft features as Richard Gere and he aged beautifully. Check out his pictures.
    Yes I love your work immensely too, I am a dedicated and bright joyful Type 1/4.

    ReplyDelete