Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Recital

I just had my very first Vocal Recital and it was great!

In October I started taking singing lessons. See blog post here.

When I started I made a goal to perform in the Christmas Recital and invite my family.

I sang two songs - God Help the Outcasts and a medley of Away in a Manger and Still, Still, Still.

I did so well! Granted, I'm no professional - but considering where I was 3 months ago, I am so proud of myself. It was only my 3rd time ever singing in front of people (the other 2 were practice runs - once for my family and once for my dad.) I was really nervous and very excited about performing. I was worried I would loose my breath or forget my words - but none of that happened. I did better than I even expected! Yippee!

It felt awesome to sing and be heard! And now I want to sing for you...

God Help the Outcasts
from Hunchback of Notre Dame

video


Christmas Medley

video

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Anne, you sound amazing!! I'm SO proud of you. I know how hard that can be for a Type 2. I took voice lessons for a few months when I was about your age and only had 1 recital, where I had a duet with Carol. I started laughing at the beginning because I was so nervous and I had a hard time getting through it. It was totally painful. Poor Carol.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, you are such a beautiful inspiring woman! I was brought to tears, you did a wonderful job and you faced 1 of your fears which is so very comendable, yet difficult to do. I am considering taking vocal lessons because you have inpired me to do so! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for putting yourself out there! You did a great job! I hope you continue and we can enjoy more "performances"

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did absolutely B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L-L-Y! You are stunning. Both songs were so well sung, and sung with the Spirit, and sincere invested emotion. I loved your song choices. I was especially moved when I heard you sing in French. You should ask your teacher for a suggestion on a French Art Song and learn that, you could learn a whole cycle of French chason. It would be lovely, really. Well done! Keep up the good work and I second and third these ladies who commented above me: you inspire me to the maximum. Keep singing and sharing your voice. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne, this is really, really good. You could have done any of our Посланници solos! Be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, you moved me to tears; you have such a sweet and beautiful voice. Thank you for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete