Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Game Day Shirt (Creation #3)

It's that time of year (and has been for awhile, this post is long overdue). Football time! Before I married Tanner I had always enjoyed watching sports, but didn't do it much. Now that has all changed! I am a budding sports pro and have really gotten into College Football and Soccer (loved the World Cup!).

But there's just one little problem - how do you be a sport's fan and look cute at the same time?! Okay, that's a BIG problem. ;) I have done my share of dressing up for the games, but looking like a blue and white Oompa Loompa every week is just too much to ask.

2009
Ready for the big game against FSU - uh, we lost.

If you go into any university's bookstore there will be plenty of team paraphernalia to choose from, but most the stuff just doesn't jive with me... It's pink when the team colors aren't (I don't know how pink snuck into the blue and white line-up), or it is a crew-neck tee (which I do not prefer), or it doesn't fit right, or it's too girly-girly, or it's too manly... You see the problem? So I did what any DIY-er would do and took looking cute into my own hands.

This is the jersey I wore last year - I know, bad. At least the team was doing well enough that I forgot about looking cute.

Boxy, manly and just plain ugly!

And this is how I look now! A stunning after shot! And I'm even Dressing My Truth!

Mission Cute: accomplished

Want to make your own Game Day Shirt?! Here is how I did it:

I got the basic idea here.

I cut up a gray cotton tee for the ruffles, then shaped them in a Y and sewed them on! Easy as that.

Here are some more fun things I have made for Game Days:

I had some tiny BYU earrings, but I like big earrings, so I stepped it up a notch.


I used floral tape to add some team colored feathers to a regular headband

Here's to the days of looking cute on the playing field! Go Cougars!





Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

7 comments:

  1. How cute is that! You did an awesome job, very creative! I'm visiting from NNK, hope you visit me too!
    http://www.amaskellantics.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! I'm going to have to step up my game next time I show up to support the cougs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I especially like the headband! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! I would love for you to link up at my Strut Your Stuff Party!
    http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/11/strut-your-stuff-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I love the earrings and the ruffled Y...super cute!

    Go Cougars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job!!!!!! Thanks so much for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ANNE! I am so impressed in fact I am a gas! I am laughing b/c I can't think of the right word that I want to use here, but really that shirt and those earrings are adorable! So cute, you sure is a genius. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete