Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Time!



I love summer time! Who doesn't? I love the sun and more sun! I love being able to walk outside with no shoes and no jacket and little makeup.

Up where I live (about 6,000 ft. high, in Suncrest subdivision) the winters are brutal and the sidewalks are covered in ice and snow for about 6 months). Being so high our seasons are a little shorter (we are about 3 weeks behind the valley this year) so I was doubly excited when summer finally came!

Ever since I graduated from college summers have been a little different. I don't have the official "summer break" and still have to work and keep a routine schedule. But working from home, on the internet and in a family business still provides for a flexible schedule and some summer fun plans.

My favorite things about the summer are:
Swimming outside
Tan lines
basking in the sun
BBQ's
warm summer nights
flip flops
shorts
exercising outdoors
family trips
watermelon
fresh greens
farmer's market
fresh fruit
gardening
sunscreen
light hoodies (no snow jackets!)
Seven Peaks Water Park






1 comment:

  1. Oh, I miss the tan line days. Now it's just take the sun as you can get it as you chase the little ones around at the pool/beach whatever, but I wouldn't change it, well most days I would't change it......love your summa time post. Feel sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete