Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Job


The second thing "About Me" I am choosing to talk about it is my job. I love my job, but it's not the easiest thing to describe. Sometimes when I meet people for the first time I just hope they don't ask me what I do for work...I think oh boy, here we go...Do you want the short version or the long version?

Short Version: I sell stuff on the internet.
(If I am filling in a survey I usually say "Fashion Consultant")

Long Version:

For some reason I have always been a little sensitive when it comes to talking about my job. I think it is because when I was younger and people asked me what my parents did I wasn't sure how to explain what my mom did. She was a pioneer in the Energy Healing World, working as a Master Reiki Therapist, Rapid Eye Therapist and self-help author. So it was kinda taboo to talk about it or hard to explain to the "unbelievers." Since my line of work today could too fall into "self help" or "alternative healing" I think those old feelings creep up. I don't want anyone to think I or my family is weird - but hey, we are! I have to remind myself that I am in the beauty industry and what I do is totally awesome and has the power to change people's lives! Okay, so here it is.


I work in my family business called Dressing Your Truth. My mom, Carol Tuttle, is the founder and creator of the program. My dad is the CFO (he quit his job about 5 years ago to join my mom full time). My brother Chris (CEO) and my husband, Tanner (President) are the main guys - meaning they pretty much run the company. Chris is over the online stuff and Tanner is over offline - working with shipping and products. My sister-in-law, Sarah, and I work primarily with the customers.
I also am the manager of our Center in Draper, UT and over what products we sell (which I really love). If you click here you will see my handy work! I choose all the products for our online store as well as take the pictures and pose for them (I never knew I would be a hand model). So, pretty much, it is family run and owned. We do have some other people that work for us - a web designer, publicist, and customer service. And I just got a personal assistant about 2 months ago, which I am totally grateful for!!

So let me explain what Dressing Your Truth is!

Basically it is a makeover system based on your Personal Beauty Profile or your true nature - the person you are.

So first you determine what Type you are. In this program there are 4 Types. These Types each have a unique movement that are expressed in our personality, behavior, facial features, body language, thought processes, the way we share our feelings, and even all the way down to our doodling! The Four Types are based on the 4 main elements which are Nitrogen, Oxygen, Hydrogen and Carbon. These are the elements that create everything on this planet - even humans. Each individual element has a unique movement that will be expressed through us as people.
Let me explain a little bit about each Type.

Type 1 - Nitrogen/Air
Upward, light, bright, animated, fun, fresh, cute, playful, disconnected
Shapes are circles, stars, hearts, sunburst, curly cues.
Examples in nature are Humming Bird, Quaky Aspen Tree, and Gerber Daisies.
Type 1 celebrities are Rachel Ray, Drew Barrymore, Jim Carey and Paula Abdul.
Type 1 people are fun, optimistic, full of ideas, encouraging, can adapt to change easily, can get distracted easily, have a lightness about them.



Type 2 - Oxygen/Water
Fluid, flowing, blended, connected, soft, subtle, relaxed
Shapes are teardrops, s-curves, softened oval, softened rectangles.
Examples in nature are Dove, full-bloomed Rose, Weeping Willow.
Type 2 celebrities are Jennifer Aniston, Richard Grere, Julia Roberts and Jessica Alba.
Type 2 people are calm, detail-oriented, sensitive, can worry about the little things, plan ahead, like comfort in all things, have a peacefulness about them, they ponder and day dream planning into the future.


Type 3 - Hydrogen/Fire
Active, reactive, swift, substantial, sure, rich, dynamic, textured
Shapes are swift lines creating angles, triangles, trapezoids, squares
Examples in nature are Hawk, Maple Tree, Bird of Paradise.
Type 3 celebrities are Oprah Winfrey, Taylor Swift, Donald Trump, and Joan Rivers
Type 3 people are swift movers, they work quickly to get things done, result-oriented, confident to lead others, quick to see solutions, great multi-taskers, can sometimes appear pushy or bossy.


Type 4 - Carbon/Earth
Constant, still, bold, symmetrical, exact, clear, simple, reflective
Type 4 shapes are parallel lines, perfect ovals, perfect rectangles.
Examples in nature are Penguins, Noble Fir Tree, Cala Lily
Type 4 celebrities are Courtney Cox, Simon (on American Idol), Cher, and Anne Hathaway
Type 4 people have a gift of perfecting. They see how things can be improved. Structured, like to be their own authority, value loyalty, tradition, deep thinkers/reflective, one-track minds, like alone time.


So once you learn what Type you are (you also can see it in your facial features - more on that another time) you learn how to dress according to the same movement. All of our teaching happens online. We have a 2.5 hour online course for each Type, which teaches you what colors, design line, pattern, jewelry, hair colors, cut, and everything else that you put on your body looks best for you! We have monthly gatherings both live and online where we help to further your learning. We have our very own hair salon and store in Draper, as well as an online store.

Can you guess what Type I am? I am a Type 2 - I am detail-oriented, sensitive, and LOVE plans! I dress to match that in the Type 2 shapes and movement.


So there you have it, a very quick run down of the 4 Types and a very huge part of my life.

I love what I do! I love that I am helping women rediscover their true nature and then bring out their true beauty.

Here are some examples of our amazing transformations:

I believe every woman is truly beautiful, but the fashion world has not taught women how to bring that out, but we know how!! I love seeing a woman step into the clothes that are perfect for her Type for the first time, at the same time she is stepping into who she truly is! It is amazing to be involved in something that is so life changing.

I am grateful for the deeper knowledge of who I am - my gifts and talents that are unique to me.

I will probably refer a lot to the 4 Types throughout my blog so I wanted to make sure to clarify what each one represents! It is a lot of fun!

Here are some fun resources if you want to learn more:
www.DressingYourTruth.com
www.thecarolblog.com
And if you want more info,  just let me know!

10 comments:

  1. Anne, I love your job too. Thank you SO much for all of the work you and your family do to help us become better and happier (and of course, more beautiful) women!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those of us that have "tuned" into the program love what you have to offer! I can understand how it would be hard to explain it. But it is a great service. Maybe a short version of your job description would be - I teach people to be the best they can be and find happiness along the way. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, You are amazing and I love that you love helping others :) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to read about what you love to do, you are so good at it and help a lot of women shine brighter. I'm glad you have a personal assistant and I didn't know you were the manager of the center, cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered your blog! I have benefited so much from what you do - your "job". I am a type 2 with secondary 4 and I love it! Thank you, thank you, thank you, for all your hard work, planning, and attention to details. Your passion for what you do is obvious and it is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, fellow Type 2 - love your posts and your mom's wisdom. I am just reading Dressing Your Truth now and probably will graduate to the course....would love more info as to what to wear that is "true" to me. I do love comfort!

    I have a blog too on blogspot - it's "Jazz Goddess"....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Anne - love the work that you are all doing. I've just finished the Type 2 course (I'm a T2 with a very strong T4). This is eliminating all the confusion I've been feeling for quite some time now--especially when trying to shop for clothes, shoes, etc. I'm going to order some items from your online store. I have come across some skepticism from my daughters when trying to explain this concept to them, so I'm going to leave it with them for awhile and just let them see my gradual transformation. Thanks to all of you for your hard work. Wish we could teach this concept more in Canada, but I'm sure that will come.

    Cheers!
    Michelle
    (Type 2/4)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Anne - love the work that you are all doing. I've just finished the Type 2 course (I'm a T2 with a very strong T4). This is eliminating all the confusion I've been feeling for quite some time now--especially when trying to shop for clothes, shoes, etc. I'm going to order some items from your online store. I have come across some skepticism from my daughters when trying to explain this concept to them, so I'm going to leave it with them for awhile and just let them see my gradual transformation. Thanks to all of you for your hard work. Wish we could teach this concept more in Canada, but I'm sure that will come.

    Cheers!
    Michelle
    (Type 2/4)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your family business is awesome! I'd love to have a family business. Unfortunately my family is just too disconnected for that to happen but maybe when I have my kids and we are older then I could start one. I'm totally visiting the DYT store when I visit Utah again next summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I have taken the course. I am a type 2. I have olive skin so I would be considered a winter. Help...why do I need to give up the black...I am also a hairdresser. Type 2s always have questions. Lol but it was not fully explained why type 2s should give up the black....thanks in advance. I loved all your videos and explanations. Veronica.

    ReplyDelete