Sunday, April 25, 2010

My First Ever Blog Post

I just created my first blog!

I have been thinking about creating a blog on and off for a while now, and finally just did it. My sister-in-law, Ali, just said, "You should have a blog." And I said, "Okay." And I did it.

Here are a couple reasons I was resistant to starting a blog:

- Don't know what to write
- Already on Facebook
- Not funny enough
- Not a good writer
- No kids yet (you will see a whole lot of just mine and Tanner's pretty faces for now!)
- Not enough time (even though I spend like 2 hours a day on Facebook...yikes)
- I don't want to write my personal journal online for all to see

Reasons I finally decided to start my blog:
- My sister will look at my blog more than my Facebook page and we can keep in touch more
- It's like a journal for all to see (it might take me awhile to warm up to the more personal stuff...see reasons not to start blog)
- Everyone can see what an amazing husband and life I have
- Reason to take more pictures
- Everyone is doing it!
- I feel guilty spending time on Facebook, but not on my blog
- My mom has a blog (thecarolblog.com) and she gets thousands of views...maybe I will too!

So in the end, obviously the latter reasons won out!

So here it goes...welcome to ATtheBrownsBlog!
(AT stands for Anne and Tanner...kinda clever, huh?! Pretty hard to create a clever name with the 4th most popular last name in the nation. So that will have to do!)

Enjoy! Whoever is watching.

6 comments:

  1. Way to go! Welcome to the 2010's and blogworld. :-D ~Linda Brill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne you express yourself so well you should have a blog. I am glad you started one. I am excited to read it. Keep it coming...
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it already! I would have to beg to differ you are a fabulous writer, and very clever too I must say! I liked the name of your blog even before I read that AT meant Anne and Tanner! Wow. I can tell that reading your blog will be a highlight to my days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to read your blog Anne. I am committing to reading 3-5 posts of your each week. I have to set these limits because if I don't I'll spend the whole day reading your posts. Not that doing that would be a bad thing, I just have so many other things to do as well. :-) Thank you so much for sharing your life with us. As a fellow Type Two, I just wanted you to know what a blessing you and Dressing Your Truth have been to my life.

    And I totally love your blog title. The AT = Anne and Tanner is pretty clever. Great job. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *I am committing to reading 3-5 posts of YOURS each week. Sorry for the typo.

      Delete